Before you submit your content, here are a few things to keep in mind:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ENTRY HAS CLOSED FOR THE FESTIVAL OF SHORT STORY COMPETITION, SEASON 4. STAY TUNED FOR SEASON 5
- Submit your work by filling out all fields below.
- We accept fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, book reviews, essays, literary commentaries, fun listicles, and any writing with a literary bent.
- Except when solicited, we do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. All we ask is that you notify us when your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Because we publish for an online audience, we prefer works that are short, sharp, and exciting. Suggested word count:
- Fiction: no more than 2,500 words.
- Book review: no more than 1,500 words.
- Literary commentary, think pieces and essays: no more than 1,500 words.
- Here are some of the reasons why we might turn down a submission: poor grammar, poor punctuation, poor use of tenses, plagiarism. We would especially reject a submission we deem to be misogynist or homophobic or one that exhibits supremacist leanings on the basis of race, ethnicity or religion.
- Be advised that we will edit your work and sometimes change the title, and if we consider the latter, we will inform you.
- You retain the copyright to your work. However, we do require that you credit us as the original publisher of the work.
- Except on rare occasions, we do not remove pieces that have been published on our site.
- If the submission is a response to immediate events on the literary scene, please email it to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Further inquiries, including official contacts from publishers and editors, could be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org